What I'm Reading Now

Alexandre Dumas - The Count of Monte Cristo
J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Dan Brown - Digital Fortress

4/100

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

5. Dan Brown - Digital Fortress


I've only ever read one Dan Brown book (The Da Vinci Code), despite people telling me I should read more. Digital Fortress was good, but not Brown's best. For his first novel, you could tell that he was still getting the hang of it. He had some parts that were really exciting and some plot twists that were really unexpected, but there were also a bunch of them that I saw coming and just wanted to end. Unfortunately, the last major "riddle" I saw coming every which way from Friday (or whatever the actual phrase is...that sounded right).

Also, he should have done a bit more research into cryptography before writing a novel based around it.

Decision: Worth the read, but if you have to choose between this another Brown book, I would bank on another, despite not having read them.

No comments:

free counters