What I'm Reading Now

Alexandre Dumas - The Count of Monte Cristo
J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Dan Brown - Digital Fortress

4/100

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

2: John Green - Looking for Alaska


So long story short, I decided to read this book because I watch a vlog between the author and his brother and they're both hilarious. This book is split into two parts, so my review will be as well.

Before: This part of the book was great. It was quick-moving, had a few things to laugh at and generally kept the idea of a light-hearted book, despite the stereotypical trouble that high schoolers get into. It had some autobiographic anecdotes (that I had heard on the vlog), and they were still extremely funny.

After: It gets into a much more serious book at this point, and I think I enjoyed this part less. I still read the whole part in one sitting (it's only like 100 pages), but it's less my type of book.

All in all it was a good book, worth reading and I knocked it out in two sittings, and I'm an incredibly slow reader. If you're wondering what it's about, it's about a high school kid from Florida with no real friends going to a boarding school in Oklahoma or Alabama or something (it really isn't important, just that he's far-ish from home) and doing the stuff most teenagers would do in the same situation, with a little bit of deeper thought involved in some parts of the book.

No comments:

free counters